It's Britney, bitch.
Michael Gary Scott started at Dunder Mifflin as a salesman in the 1990s. In "Dwight's Speech", he shows the plaque and certificate he received in 1996 and 1997 for
'Top Salesman of the Year'. He became a salesman because he loved to make friends. After being promoted to regional manager at a young age, he continued to
treat work-related relationships as personal friendships.
MIchael's desire to be liked often leads him to make unwise decisions or unfeasible promises without considering the consequences, only to back out when they
result in an undesirable comeuppance. Michael appears to emphasize moments of sympathy or civility directed at him by his coworkers (mostly Jim) and inflates
their importance in order to compensate for his loneliness.
Being a lifelong hopeless romantic, Michael has had several romantic relationships, most notably with Jan, who became too domineering over him thus forcing
him to end their relationship. He eventually settled with Holly as she shared a similar sense of humor with him.
Michael Scott Quotes
- Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
- It’s Britney, bitch.
- I’m Beyoncé, always.
- Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.
- The worst thing about prison was the Dementors. They were flying all over the place and they were scary and they’d come down and they’d suck the soul out of your body and it hurt!
- When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Okay?
- Society teaches us that having feelings and crying is bad and wrong. Well, that’s baloney, because grief isn’t wrong. There’s such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown.
- You know what they say. Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice … strike three.
- I’m not superstitious, but I am a little ‘stitious.
- I love inside jokes. I’d love to be a part of one someday.
- Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
- Well, it’s love at first sight. Actually, it was... No, it was when I heard her voice. It was love at first see with my ears.
- It’s a pimple, Phyllis. Avril Lavigne gets them all the time and she rocks harder than anyone alive.
- I declare bankruptcy!
- That’s what she said.
Michael Scott Trivia
- Michael learned to talk at the age of 5.
- Michael was born on March 15, 1964.
- Michael's middle name is Gary
- Michael claims that he is English, Scottish, German, and Irish.
- Michael claims that he was a child star on a kids' show called Fundle Bundle.
- Michael started at Dunder Mifflin on May 6, 1992.
- Michael is irresponsible with his finances, and at one point was so heavily in debt he had to take up a second job as a telemarketer.
- Michael did not attend college, having lost all his tuition money in a pyramid scheme.
- Michael loves song parody writing. Some of his "hits" are:
- "Beers in Heaven" ("Tears In Heaven" parody)
- "Total Eclipse of the Fart" ("Total Eclipse of the Heart" parody)
- "Achey Breaky Fart" ("Achy Breaky Heart" parody)
- "My Stumps" ("My Humps" parody)
- Michael is fairly accomplished at ice hockey and is a good skater.
- Michael bought himself a "World's Best Boss" mug from Spencer Gifts.
- Michael drives several different cars over the course of the show:
- A silver 2004 Sebring convertible
- A "shared" Porsche Boxster
- A red PT Cruiser convertible
- A newer-model Sebring
- Michael acted in and directed a movie called Threat Level Midnight.