The Office Episodes
Episode - Conflict Resolution
The show opens with Angela confronting Pam on why she didn't receive an invitation
to the wedding. Wanting to avoid the conflict, Pam said she was invited but
had yet to get her zip code. (She wasn't really invited).
Michael learns that Angela and Oscar are fighting over the poster of babies dressed
up like musicians. Michael, determined to find a resolution, calls them and Pam into
the conference room.
Not believing that Toby was doing a good job at conflict resolution in the office,
Michael takes the responsibility from him. Toby is happy to give it up. He explains
that Michael can handle everyone's complaints, including the hundreds of complaints from
Michael now wants to resolve all the complaints in the office.
- Kevin complains that Stanley uses his Miracle Whip without asking.
- Meredith complains that everyone is too loud in the morning and that the
lights are too bright.
- Creed complains that he doesn't want to look at the redhead all day, but
would rather be at a desk facing the receptionist.
- "Someone" has complained that Pam does too much wedding planning at the office.
- Kelly is upset that Ryan never returns her calls. Michael is equally upset
that Ryan never returns his calls.
- Jim says that Dwight tried to kiss him once but he didn't make a complaint because
he wasn't sure how he felt about it.
- Someone has complained that the bathroom is for whites only. (An assumption
because the picture on the door is that of a white man.
- Phyllis complains that Angela gives her "death stares".
- Stanley complains that Phyllis cries to much and it bothers him.
- Angela is upset because Phyllis keeps forgetting and parking in Angela's
unmarked, reserved parking space.
- Ryan complains that Creed has an old man smell about him.
- Angela complains that Kevin has made sexually suggestive remarks to her.
Photo ID's are also being taken today. After Jim pranks Dwight by having is ID card say
his middle name was Fart not Kurt and that he was a security threat, Dwight could no longer
take it. He storms into the conference room and demand that Michael take care of this.
By the end of the day, he yells, one of us is going. Dwight can't work with Jim any more.
The follow hiliarious scene takes place:
Michael: (reading Dwight's list of complaints) Someone replaced all my pens and pencils with crayons,
I suspect Jim Halpert.
Everyone has called me Duane all day, I think Jim Halpert
paid them to
Jim: (to the camera) YES! 5 bucks each, and it was totally worth
Michael: (again reading Dwight's complaints) This morning, I found a bloody glove
in my desk drawer, and Jim Halpert tried to convince me that I had committed murder. I
think he may be the real murderer.
Jim Halpert said there was an abandoned
infant in the women's room. When I went to save the child I saw Meredith on the
This morning I knocked myself in the head with the
Michael looks confusingly at Dwight. Jim is trying hard to suppress a grin.
Jim: (to the camera) That actually took a while. I
had to put uh, more and more nickels into his handset until he got used to the
weight, then I just, took them all out.
Michael: (reading the complaints) Every time I typed my name it spelled
Jim: (to the camera) Just a simple macro. You know.. these actually don't sound
that funny one after another. But he does, deserve it though.
Michael: (reading more complaints) By the end of the day my desk was about
two feet closer to the photocopier.
Jim: (to the camera) Yeah I just.. moved it an inch, everytime he went to the
bathroom... and.. that's how I spent my entire day that day.
Dwight demands to know if Michael is going to transfer Jim. Michael says he
hasn't decided yet. He'll let him know in a few days.
We then see Jim meeting with Jan in New York about a transfer. It's not about Dwight,
it's about Pam.
Episode Guide - Season 2
This is a great season, secrets are revealed and almost everyone has an office romance.